Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Tax Poetry

Tax my land & water, tax my bed
Tax my table, on which I am fed

Tax my books, tax my son’s school.
Teach him taxes, that’s the rule.

Tax my work, tax my pay
I work for peanuts anyway

Tax my shirts, tax my pants
Tax my breath tax my pants

Tax my tobacco, tax what I drink
Tax me if I even dare to think

Tax my cigars, tax my beers,
And if I cry tax my damn tears

Tax the road, tax my car, tax my gas
Find alternate ways to tax my poor ass.

Tax all I have. Then let me know
Till I get on my head, a tax blow

So? Still think this is weird & funny?
Got taxed when the day was sunny.

And when I screamed, they taxed me some more
They Taxed me, they axed me, till I was no more

Tax my coffin, tax my grave
Tax the soil and then rave

Put these words, upon my tomb,
'Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When I am dead & gone - Do not relax,
its time to apply - The inheritance tax.

I will have a lot of time on my hand
To reflect that tax was like quicksand

I got engulfed in all kinds of alphabetical tax :

Accounts Receivable Tax
Airline surcharge tax
Airline Fuel Tax
Airport Maintenance Tax
Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Death Tax
Dog License Tax
Driving Permit Tax
Electricity Tax
Excise Taxes
Food License Tax
Petrol Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Health Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Mortgage Tax
Personal Income Tax
Property Tax
Poverty Tax [yes – even that too]
Purchase Tax
Prescription Drug Tax
Real Estate Tax
Retail Sales Tax
Sales Tax
Service Tax
School Tax
Telephone Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
XY&Z Tax
Zzzz Tax (I’ve fallen asleep)


Not one of these 100s of taxes existed a 100 years back
Our nation was rich and we had money in our bag pack

We had no national debt, had a large middleclass,
And my Ma stayed back home to raise all of us

what the hell happened? Can anybody say?
While buried and dead in my grave I lay

No comments:

Post a Comment