Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Getting and Spending."

For the last 2 decades, I sold myself to slavery. I don’t think absolute freedom exist. There are 3 options: each person owns himself, some people own others and each person owns a part of everyone else. But if each person owns himself then where does slavery exist? Maybe everyone is in control of his own will. When he obeys another person he must do as the other person wishes. Once you enter into a contract, unrestricted freedom goes astray. What is the foundation of making the contract obligatory? Simply put a contract is a promise and one should be obligated to keep that promise.

Our life is never free of obligations and promises. Whether you work in an organization in any damn position with unearthly salaries or be a musician, not obeying anyone and not bound by the Company’s contract, individual freedom is a social nonsense.

Last night I was watching a program on BBC about the Vienna Philharmonic.
I was astounded to learn that the members of the orchestra were chosen from the orchestra of the Vienna State Opera and each musician had to prove his/her capability for 3 years playing for the opera before requesting the Vienna Philharmonic Board to consider an application for a position in the Vienna Philharmonic. The process is long and tedious. But the Philharmonic wants the best! Seeing the musicians and Zubin Mehta
depressed me to such an extent that I found myself thinking about my worthless existence. I felt that I was just living like an animal. I had not created anything, neither did I invent anything. I wanted to be a free man and not enslave myself working for any Corporation. I did that but it did not give me any happiness. I was told by those great advisers and philosophers to do what my heart pleases me and not what others want me to do. I suddenly realized that I did not know what my heart wished me to do. I thought I did but I realized after a certain time that this was not what I wanted. I wanted something else. Seriously now – do we really know what our heart wants? Are we capable enough to know what we want and what would give us happiness?

Most of us in any case are enslaved by the Corporation, afraid of being free and devoting our transitory lives to "getting and spending." Otherwise what great achievement have we done in our lives? “Get & Spend”__“Get & Spend”_____ “Get & Spend"

Life just passed you by buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment