Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Graham Greene-a nonentity

What can I say?

I see a little boy eating bread with salt
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy groveling in the dust
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy sleeping without dinner
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy being treated cruelly
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy working like a slave
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy lifting up heavy weights
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy without education
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy suffering from pain & misery
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy being treated like a street dog
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy begging in the streets
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy with no trace of his parents
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy being sexually abused
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy who doesn’t know why he was born
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy dying in the streets
& I do not have anything to say

I see a little boy – no I see a lot of little boys
& I do not have anything to say

Little boys – dreaming of heavens and paradises
What can I say?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Graham Greene – now a nonentity

Man comes and man goes. But life goes on just the same. Most men die without living a trace of their life while others leave a distinct stamp that affects and influences our daily lives, albeit temporarily.

I recall the day when Graham Greene, the British Novelist died at the age of 86. He left behind some major works like The 3rd Man, The Power & The Glory, The Brighton Rock, The End of The Affair and The Heart of the Matter. As predicted there was a heavy rush in the book stores. People wanted to possess these works, now that Greene was gone

This was a temporary interest. Soon everybody forgot and probably now it makes no difference whether Graham Greene existed and have gradually passed into nonentity.

At that time I remember quite a few of the world colleagues who wanted to become prominent. The desire to become famous resides in every heart and mind. Some pursue, while others depict listlessness. There are still others who hopes to collide with miracles.

|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|

The Fresh Graduates

Such heavy weights on the shoulders
Its responsibilities and not boulders
Meandering about, the degree holders
Unknown future, degree in the folders

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a character :

persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, guilt, anger, isolation, or hopelessness; disturbances in sleep and appetite; fatigue and loss of interest in usually enjoyable activities; problems concentrating; loneliness, self-loathing, apathy or indifference; depersonalization; loss of interest in sexual activity; shyness or social anxiety; irritability, chronic pain; lack of motivation; and morbid suicidal tendency.....

Looks familiar?

A self – analysis will help you understand that at one point of your life or the other you must have experienced some, if not all of these symptoms

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

No comments:

Post a Comment