Friday, December 14, 2012

The Uselessness Of It All_5


12

Do people live in ignorance or don’t they understand the absurdity of life? Are there people here on this earth who realizes that life is doomed to failure and they try to make the best use of it by eating, drinking, singing, dancing, sleeping, apprehending fully well that there is no work, no money, no luxury, no knowledge, and no wisdom after death? Is life inadvertent to them?

Does being positive or for that matter being negative obliterates the inevitability of sickness, old age and death which today or tomorrow will engulf and destroy all the pleasures and pains?

Maybe there are these four ways to deal with life:

1. Don’t try to comprehend the senselessness, the ridiculousness and the absurdity of life – Live Life!

2. Don’t think of the future – Live Life!

3. Understand the meaninglessness, vanity, uselessness and stupidity of life -
Leave Life!

4. Understand that life is accidental and a dim joke has been played upon us and
go on living – eating, drinking, singing, dancing, washing, dressing, dining,
talking, writing, learning, sleeping!


≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥

13

Is anything higher than reason? If not - then reason accepts that life is absurd. But it is the reason that that makes us aware of our life. Without reason, life does not exist. So how can reason deny life when it makes us aware of our life?

Let’s try the other way. If there was no life, reason would not exist. Now reason having existed and having accepted the uselessness of life, reasons us to go on living. We have all lived and continue to live. How is that? Why do we all live when it is possible not to live?

Maybe only I and Schopenhauer are wise enough to understand the uselessness of it all!

∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞|∞

14

Maybe people are cleverer and have understood what life is all about. Otherwise why is it that they all live and have never thought of doubting the insensibleness of life? They all lived and still live. Possibly there are things that I do not yet know. Maybe I am stuck with ignorance. Maybe I am indeed an ignorant man. When an ignorant man does not understand something, he will term it as stupid. Maybe I do not understand life. Perhaps this is the reason for thinking that life is stupid and is devoid of meaning

The human mass lived and still lives on as if it had understood the meaning of life. Can man live life without understanding the meaning of Life? I say that life is absurd. Then why don’t I go ahead and end it? Nothing prevents me from denying life. Why do I go about discussing it? If life offends me then why do I go on living? Why don’t I end it?

I live life and claim that I do not understand the meaning of life. I fool about in life, asserting and writing that I do not understand it. I find it dreary and nauseating – but I do not go away! I crib about life but I do not remove myself from this earth.

Mankind has sustained life – billions of them – but they do not doubt the meaning of life. Since time immemorial people have lived and have squabbled about the absurdity of life. Yet, I fully having accepted the meaninglessness of life – continue to thrive on life.

Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊Θ◊

No comments:

Post a Comment