Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Take Away from the Film ‘Network’


Take away from ‘Network’ a 1976 satirical movie directed by Sydney Lumet where Peter Finch an anchor of a TV channel after publicly publicizing his suicide, goes ‘live’ on the same TV channel and announces the following:

“Good evening. Today is Wednesday, September the 24th...
...and this is my last broadcast.
Yesterday I announced on this program that I was going to commit public suicide.
Admittedly an act of madness.
Well, I'll tell you what happened.
I just ran out of bullshit.
Bullshit is all the reasons we give for living.
If we can't think up any reasons of our own, we have the God bullshit.
--through all this pointless pain, humiliation and decay...
...so there better be someone who does know.
That's the God bullshit.
Man is a noble creature that can order his own world.
Who needs God?
If there's anybody out there... ...that can look around this
slaughterhouse of a world we live in... ...and tell me that man
is a noble creature... ...believe me, that man is full of bullshit.
And I was married for 33 years of shrill, shrieking fraud.

So I don't have any bullshit left.

I just ran out of it, you see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment