Saturday, May 01, 2010

When We Pass Away / The Old / The Wall

۞ People keep advising me “have an ‘open’ mind.” The problem being open minded is that people will keep coming in and keep trying to put things in it.
_________________________________

۞ I don’t seem to understand why and how can suicide be against the law. I have often wondered if I every try to commit suicide and somehow failed in my attempt. The rope might snap or the gas may not light up. I would then be thrown in a prison and would be shown and made to feel how wonderful and cheerful life really is and how thoroughly life is worth living.
_________________________________

۞ There is a rumour going around that my friend has found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my car keys, and fancy my friend finding the almighty himself! (or is it herself?). Whatever….
_________________________________
۞ I asked someone what could be the opposite of miracle.
_________________________________

When We Pass Away

A date passes away
The day ends and brings another date
A month and then a year pass away
Ushering in another month, another year
It is becoming easier to deduce
What lies ahead
Yesterday was exhausted in world-weariness
Tomorrow will conclude just like tomorrow
A droning day
Pursued by another repetitive day
Similar things will occur again
And then will occur again
The same moments will come and go
Another day, another month, another year
Will pass away
But there is hope
Hope indeed
One day it will end
When we pass away
_____________________________________

The Old

Take a close look at the old
There bodies crumbling
How unhappy they look
Weary by their pathetic life
They live on

This is the life we live
We fear to lose our wretched life
We love this life
The life which resides in our miserable body

How contradictory is our existence
We love life
We are afraid to die
Still we grumble
And hang on to this old depressed life
______________________________________

The Wall

I am constructing a wall
Thick and High
I’ve had enough of this outside world
This bleak world, it nibbles my mind
Slowly, steadily the wall is rising
Without the world noticing it
They won’t hear a sound
I will close myself off
From the outside world
Indiscernibly_____
_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment