Sunday, February 05, 2017

You Decide

The Hungry asks for food,
The people ask for clean water
Friends fall out
War ships carry guns and planes
Bombs fall from the sky
Houses and cities are burned
Ships don’t carry food and medicine
Hands lie idle
No jobs and no pay
You sit on my head
You make the laws
You decide how much money I should earn
You decide how much money I should spend
You decide how much money I should save
You decide how much money I should keep in my house
You decide.....
You decide everything
You keep me in jail for not listening to you
Your hospitals are dirty and corrupted
Your jails and prisons are filled with innocents
Whilst criminals rules outside
I can’t find work and I can’t buy things
And I am afraid to ask questions
Lest I be seen as anti-national and unpatriotic
I keep quite
I pretend to be dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment