Thursday, January 10, 2013

”Financial worries and insecurities”

People with power, weight, influence and clout tell us to spend, since expenditure is imperative, critical and fundamental to economic growth and for creation of jobs.

Does this means that savings, which unmistakably is the reverse of consumption, bad for growth?

∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑


“Man is a rational animal” - so said the great Aristotle. I am nobody to contest that. I don’t know what rational is when it come to man. (These days I don’t even know what man is!). But I feel that Man indeed is a corrupted animal – corrupted to the core. I thought what would distinguish man from animal - Rationality? Then one day, I understood! The only thing that distinguishes man from animals is the”financial worries and insecurities”.

∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑

I have often being asked what Philosophy is all about. I don’t think it is possible to explain in advance what philosophy is. The best way to know about philosophy is to read the works of great philosophers : Plato’ work, Aristotle, Pythagoras, Descartes, Leibniz, Spinoza, Kant, Locke, Hume, Russell, Wittgenstein, Rousseau, Kant, Sartre, de Beauvoir, Hegel, Marx, Lenin, Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Husserl, Heidegger, Confucius, Tagore, Radhakrishnan and others greats that might interest you………………….(Darwin, Shakespeare, Freud,)

I don’t know, after reading all these, whether philosophy would provide us the knowledge that we seek, but I think it does help to understand a wee bit of what went around us, what goes on around us and what you might expect to go around.



∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑

No comments:

Post a Comment