Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Adopt Industrial Revolution"



Of late I have been really leading a period of my life in anguish. I see around and read about the development nations have made in the last several decades, and I experience that not so great a progress India has made, in a relative sense.

I wonder why do our rulers concentrate, deliberate and bicker about things that do not bring economical growth, benefits, freedom and happiness to us.

Instead of whiling away time and money, it would have been great, had our rulers combined an assortment of steps and taken necessary measures to bring us happiness. I am neither an economist nor a politician. Nevertheless my commonsense signals me the following:


* The Govt. should control debt, and encourage savings. Spend on the necessities of life and avoid ‘spending indulgence.’

* Concentrate on increasing our manufacturing base. Produce quality goods with an eye to export.

* Keep workers happy. Upgrade their skills. Train them. Instill a sense of loyalty and pride.

* Basic reformation like concentrating on establishing a social security net, have pension schemes for private workers too, expand health care system, increase retirement age and have a sound retirement benefits.

* Control wage prudently

* Control and monitor corruption

* Control population (like China?)

* Aggressively drive literacy. BA/BSc/BCom does not land one a job. Reform education system and have a job oriented education system

* And above all “Adopt Industrial Revolution”

With all the great think tanks that we have in our Govt. department, I think if we are able to do this little bit, I am sure we will have a better standard of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment