Friday, July 09, 2010

Spiritual access

☼ It looks as if man has taken upon himself a significant responsibility of controlling the access of gods to other men.

Visiting the Siddhivinayak Temple on a Tuesday, where I am told more than 2 lacs devotees throng the site, I saw separate queues for the affluent and the influencers of society. They were receiving privileged treatment by the Temple authorities. There was no single queue. People were waiting in a long serpentine queue to get darshan.

Afterwards I had an opportunity of speaking to one of the rich and an influencer of society. He gave me to understand that he carried a platinum card. For me this meant that there were others with gold and silver cards! So people with plat, gold and silver cards had express access to gods!

I wonder what the gods must be thinking. Or perhaps they might not be thinking at all. It might be that they have abandoned the general human race and have catered only to those with plat, gold or silver cards.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

☼ Can we get some consolation or do we need some tranquilizers? From time to time the company of a woman may help, now and then maybe a good friend. Some other times music or a movie may help along the way. Then a time will come when all these will no longer offer pleasure. Then one may take up drinking. Very soon one may even come out of this. Thinking, talking, reading, living, feeling and other activities may not provide the contentment that we seek to see us through life. What do we do?

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

☼ None of us are less ignorant than the other. But I have attempted to live my life as a seeker. I have questioned stars, books, established thoughts, religion, life, culture and whatever my inner cells have murmured to me. The story of my life is not pleasant. It is neither charming nor mellow like those stories which are invented and people believe in them. My life has been stroked with nonsense, stupidity, pandemonium, and imaginations – like the lives of all men who have discontinued deceiving themselves

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

☼ A long time back, somebody asked me why I was growing a moustache. I replied that I was feeling helpless and seem to have no goal in life.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

☼ I live in my dream. That is what you think. Probably you are right.

I live in my dream. I play with them. I construct in them. Whether I can renovate the world someday, remains to be seen, but within myself, I give a face-lift to my dreams each day. But no dreams last forever. Each dream is trailed by another dream. I don’t cling on to any particular one.

Other people live in dreams too – but not in their own.

And that’s the difference.
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

No comments:

Post a Comment